Fahrzeugelektrik Pirna GmbH & Co. KG
Effective Date: January 1, 2018
1. Personal Data Collection
You are not required to provide any personal data as a condition of using our Website. However, FEP will process your personal data when you submit it in the following ways:
· Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you contact us with an inquiry or request and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer service support.
· Products or Services You Request: Where you request a product, service or information from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following an inquiry.
When you communicate with us via our Website or request a product or service, the types of information we may collect from you include: your name, address, contact details including your email address, your telephone number, your country and the details of your communication or request. Additionally, we may collect the following:
· Information About Your Device: When you use our Website, we will automatically receive technical information, including the name of your internet service provider, the website that you used to link to our Website, the websites that you visit from our Website, the type of device you use, a unique device identifier such as your device IMEI number, MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device, mobile network information, your operating system and software version number, IP address, the type of browser you use, the country and language code and time zone setting. This information can lead to your identification, but we do not use it to do so.
2. Purposes for Processing your Personal Data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
· to process any request for a product or service you make;
· administration of an inquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website, including for customer service support;
· to continue to develop, test and improve our Website, including to offer new functionality and features;
· to better understand how you interact with our Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner.
We may contact you to tell you about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you or that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
4. Sharing your Personal Data
FEP may share your information with:
· Amphenol affiliated companies, the details of which are listed at: https://www.amphenol.com/contact/locations; ;
· a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any FEP business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
· data processors that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to data processors, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and
· our distributors, business partners, or service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
5. Storing your Personal Data
Your personal data collected via our Website will be stored on servers located in Germany. It may also be processed by FEP staff or by one of our service providers operating in any of FEP’s or our affiliates’ locations. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, administration of an inquiry or request you make via our Website or the provision of support services.
6. Keeping your Personal Data Secure
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although FEP will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
We use the following cookies on our Website:
Some cookies serve an essential function and the websites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled, without also disabling the related functionality of the Website.
· to improve our Website security;
· to analyze how you use our Website by tracking specific actions on our Website, such as visits to the various pages of our Website;
· to collect anonymous statistical information on how visitors use our Website so that we can make improvements to its usability and to improve content delivery value;
· to allow you to share pages with social networks like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information and compile reports about how visitors use our Website, and we use this information to help us improve our Website. Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies which are not shared across different websites that you visit. The information that the cookies collect is mostly anonymous and includes the number of visitors to the Website, where those visitors originate from and how many times they have visited the Website. Google has published information in relation to privacy and safeguarding data.
Google Analytics will collect your IP address, which is a unique code assigned to every computer and device connected to the Internet. IP addresses are usually assigned in geographic blocks and may allow website operators to identify the country, state and city in which the computer or device is based. We may collect either the full or a portion of an IP addresses to help us identify the location of our website visitors. Google Analytics will also collect demographic and interests information, including age and gender, where available in the cookie.
Google Analytics also uses third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) on websites where Google Analytics Advertising Features are used, such as Remarketing or AdWords. Our use of Google Analytics’ Remarketing feature allows targeted and relevant advertising to be delivered to you when you browse elsewhere on the internet. This feature can also work cross-device where you have a Google account and you have chosen to enable Google to associate your web browsing history with your account and to use information from your account to personalise advertising you see across the internet. When you’re signed-in to your Google account, Google will use your data together with the analytics data they obtain by the third-party cookies on our Website to serve better advertising on other websites you visit and based on your past browsing habits. In order to support this feature, Google will collect user’s Google-authenticated identifiers.
Opting out of cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox). Please note that if you choose not to permit cookies some areas of our Website may not function properly or be accessible.
In general by consulting the help menu item in your internet browser, instructions on how to disable or delete cookies is available. Most browsers are set-up to accept these cookies automatically. In addition, you can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. You may also use self-regulation programs available in your jurisdiction to manage the way that companies other than Google advertise to you, such as the EU-based Your Online Choices.
8. Links to Other Web Sites
Links to other websites are provided for information only and do not constitute endorsements of those other websites. FEP and/or its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of links or third-party websites and do not make any representation regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk.
10. General Data Protection Regulation
For EU residents: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires FEP to provide additional information about how FEP processes the personal data of individuals resident within the European Union. The GDPR governs the use of “personal data”, which is any information that identifies or from which an individual could be identified, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to an individual’s identity. FEP processes personal data for a number of reasons:
· To provide goods and/or services pursuant to an agreement;
· Where required by the law of the European Union or its member states; and
· Where FEP has legitimate business interest in doing so.
The GDPR provides EU residents with certain rights in relation to the processing of their personal data, including the right to request access, to have personal data rectified or erased, to object to its processing or to have access to personal data restricted. FEP respects individuals’ rights under the GDPR, and we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before providing individuals with access to their personal data. There may also be circumstances where FEP is permitted by law to deny access. We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred, including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns as to the processing of your Personal Data, please use the “Contact Us” link on the Website or write an email at email@example.com.